A Warm welcome to St Michael’s Dental Practice, where we aspire to provide you with the best dental care in a warm and friendly environment.
With its name inspired by the local church, St Michael’s has been part of the South Shields community since 1913, making it the longest-running practice in South Tyneside.
St Michael’s is a dental practice for both NHS and Private patients, offering a wide range of treatments from straight forward preventative care to more complex cases such as dental implants, tooth whitening and adult orthodontics. Our dentists, nurses and staff are trained to the highest standards to ensure you receive the treatment you and your family deserve.
The Patient Safety Charter [Click to expand]
Your practice has a safety culture which means that patient safety is at the forefront of everyone’s minds not only when delivering healthcare but also when setting objectives, developing procedures, purchasing new products and equipment. It is also a culture that is open and fair, where staff can discuss the challenges that face them at work for the best interests of our patients.
- The practice uses the CODE Infection Prevention Kit for the control and prevention of cross infection. To achieve this: we follow the latest infection prevention guidelines from the Department of Health in England and Wales and the Scottish Dental Clinical Effectiveness Programme in Scotland
- All dental instruments are either single use or sterilized after use.
- Work areas, the dental chair and handles are decontaminated in between patients
- All staff maintain a high standard of personal hygiene including clinical clothing and the restricted wearing of jewellery
- Staff who may have a blood borne infection have an occupational health examination and take expert advice on their role in treating patients
- Practice water is monitored for quality and dental unit waterlines are maintained
- Waste is handled according to current regulations and disposed of with appropriate carriers
We run a clinical governance system which uses integrated risk management to identify, assess, analyze and manage of all risks and incidents. The goal is continuous improvement in our care and service to you.
The Registered Manager has overall responsibility at the practice. The team is supported through regular meetings, staff training, personal development and regular appraisals. Your practice always welcomes questions, comments and suggestions from patients.Please contact the practice manager if you have any questions or concerns